If you’re a wildlife buff, and live in the busy city of Bangalore, there’s no better way to spend a weekend than heading to a national park near Bangalore. The forests around and near the city are a haven for numerous species of birds and animals!
We just heard from one of our users about a week-long nature vacation that she went on to take a break from work. A few hard months of stringent deadlines not only got her super stressed, but in dire need of some “me time” and luckily for her that she lived in Bangalore, loved nature, is obsessed with wildlife and had MoneyTap on her phone! With MoneyTap, she had a line of credit that she could count on at times like this when she needed a break. She could plan a week-long trip without any guilt by borrowing funds from the credit available to her when she needed quick cash or a personal loan so she didn’t have to rely on her parents.
Check out the top 5 wildlife getaways and nature parks near Bangalore that she visited on her week of respite:
- Bannerghatta National Park – This is her absolute favourite of all, especially because of how close it is to Bangalore! Located just 25 kilometers away (closed on Tuesdays), this park is spread out over 25,000 acres of reserve forest area in the Anekal Range hills. The Bannerghatta Biological Park section has a nature reserve, children’s park and safari park, animal rescue center, zoo, aquarium, museum, as well as butterfly, crocodile and snake parks. To see leopards, white tigers, Bengal tigers, lions, elephants, bears, spotted deer and black bucks, Bannerghatta National Park safari is your best bet!
- Ranganathittu Bird Sanctuary – Next, a sanctuary just 135 kilometres away, with several tourist spots nearby such as Daria Daulat Bagh, Srirangapatna Fort and Sri Ranganathaswamy Temple, Ranganathittu Bird Sanctuary gives you a whole different experience. Six islets make up this small bird sanctuary on the banks of the Kaveri River, and you can take a boat ride to them. It’s a paradise for nature lovers and bird watchers, with painted, white necked, open billed and spoon billed storks, as well as darters, cormorants, white ibis, terns, swallows, egrets, sandpipers, herons and kingfishers to mesmerize you!
- BRT Wildlife Sanctuary – Located in the Biligiri Range or BR Hills and named for the 500-year old Biligiri Rangaswamy Temple built on the highest peak of the hill range, the BRT Wildlife Sanctuary lies around 180 kilometres from Bangalore. In addition to over 250 species of birds including the Crested Hawk Eagle, Paradise Flycatcher and Racquet Trailed Drongo, the sanctuary also has herds of wild elephants, four-horned antelopes, barking deer, bison, sloth bears, wild dogs, porcupines and other animal species.
- Bandipur National Park – At around 200 kilometres from the city, Bandipur National Park is the perfect two-day nature getaway for wildlife lovers (and a MoneyTap favourite as we love doing weekend trips from work here). Along with Nagarhole National Park, Mudumalai National Park and Wayanad Wildlife Sanctuary, this national park is part of the Nilgiri Biosphere Reserve. The park has around 70 tigers, thousands of elephants, various bird species as well as leopards, sloth bears, dhole, gaur and other animals. You can get national park safari tickets from the forest department, or hire a private jeep safari, and the officials and the keepers here are a great help!
- Nagarhole National Park – This popular wildlife sanctuary near Bangalore is located around 220 kilometres away. It is home to elephants, tigers, leopards, jungle cats, slender loris, leopard-cats, civet cats, golden jackals, wild dogs, hyenas and wild boar, as well as spotted and barking deer, four-horned antelope, mouse-deer, sambar, gaur, sloth bears, langur, macaques, otters, giant flying squirrels, over 250 bird species and several species of reptiles. Safaris and boat trips are provided by the forest department. This is the one to visit if you’re a wild animal fan and also a big bird lover!
Just imagine the level of rejuvenation that you feel after visiting all or even just one of these national nature parks near Bangalore! With MoneyTap on your phone with a pre-approved line of credit, you can take an immediate personal vacation loan in Bangalore whenever you need. Apply for a personal line of credit with MoneyTap right now and get instant approval in real-time to make getting an instant personal loan in Bangalore for the much-needed breaks in life, with added features like a convenient no-usage, no-interest policy, with flexible repayment terms without the hassle of a long, drawn-out application process. And then, all you have to do is some quick planning!