What is an Aadhaar Loan or Personal Loan on Aadhaar Card?
If you think a ‘loan on Aadhaar card is a financial product similar to a loan on credit cards, you are highly mistaken. It is not possible to get a loan using your UIDAI-issued identity card, nor can you borrow money against your Aadhaar card. So, phrases such as ‘loan on Aadhaar card,’ ‘personal loan on Aadhaar,’ and ‘Aadhaar card loan’ are misleading and can create a lot of confusion. So, here is a fact. There is no financial product as a loan on Aadhaar card; however, you can definitely use this UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India) ID to get a loan along with other supporting documents as outlined by your prospective lender.
When an Aadhaar card is used as a paperless e-KYC document to get a personal loan, it is commonly referred to as an Aadhaar card loan. The Aadhaar card fulfils your eligibility criteria for biometric verification, and so, the overall process of getting a personal loan approval becomes much simpler and faster.
How to Apply for a Personal Loan Using Aadhaar Card?
Earlier, when you had to apply for a personal loan, you had to submit a plethora of documents. But now, Aadhaar card and digitalisation have made it much simpler to apply for a personal loan. Your Aadhaar card is a single document that is KYC proof and is accepted by most banks and NBFCs as proof of identity, residence, citizenship, and birth.
To apply for a personal loan using your Aadhaar card, all you have to do is fill in an online personal loan application, and provide your Aadhaar number. If your Aadhaar card is linked to your PAN and your bank account, you don’t have to upload extra documents for the same. You just have to provide your address and income proof and give permission to the lender to carry out background checks based on your Aadhaar card. Once you clear the eligibility and verification checks, the personal loan will be approved, and the funds will be transferred to your account within a couple of days, or maybe sooner.
Note: According to a recent circular released by the RBI, Aadhaar card cannot be used as address proof for financial accounts such as loans or deposits. This is the reason why you still will need to provide a valid address proof such as electricity bill, passport, driving license, rent agreement, etc. while applying for a personal loan.
Mandatory Documents Required for an Aadhaar Card Loan
- Aadhaar Card
- PAN Card
- Proof of address: Passport/Driving License/ Ration Card/Electricity Bill/Rent Agreement
- Income Proof – Salary slips, Income Tax Returns & Bank Statements
- Cheques of your salary account
- Duly filled application form
- Passport-sized photos
Eligibility Criteria for Applying for an Aadhaar Card Loan
- You need to be a resident of India
- You must be between the ages of 23 and 57 years
- You must be working with a public/private company or an MNC.
- The minimum salary requirements may vary depending on the lender and the city of residence
Benefits of Applying for a Personal Loan Using Aadhaar Card
- This single document is considered proof for citizenship, address, photo, age, and identity.
- Aadhaar card helps with online verification process (e-KYC) and facilitates faster disbursal of loans.
- Aadhaar card eases up the documentation process for both consumers and financial institutions.
- The loan processing time is shorter, thus saving both time and effort.
- In some cases, you don’t even need to provide a copy of your Aadhaar card – the 12-digit UID number is enough.
- Can I get an instant personal loan from an Aadhaar card?
- Can I get Aadhaar card loan for ₹ 50,000 online?
- My credit score is 600. Can I get an Aadhaar card loan?
- Is Aadhaar card loan an instalment loan?
- Is Aadhaar card a mandatory document to apply for a personal loan?
- Is it possible to apply for a personal loan on Aadhaar Card without having a PAN card?
- How long is the loan application process when you apply for a personal loan on the Aadhaar card?
- Do I need a co-applicant for a personal loan on Aadhaar card?
You can use your Aadhaar card to apply for a personal loan with any bank or NBFC. Since Aadhaar card contains biometric data, it makes the verification process faster and simpler. Thus, your personal loan, once approved, can be disbursed quicker.
Once you submit your online loan application using your Aadhaar card, your eligibility will be verified, and on the basis of it, the loan will be sanctioned.
Most lenders require the potential borrower to have a credit score of at least 750. However, some financial institutions can still approve your loan with a credit score of 600.
Yes. Since loan repayments are made in monthly instalments, Aadhaar card loan can be considered as an instalment loan.
No. Although the Aadhaar card helps in speeding up the personal loan application and verification process, it is not a mandatory document. Instead of an Aadhaar card, you can use other documents such as your passport, driving license, etc. for KYC.
Yes. If you do not have a PAN card, you can still apply for a loan on Aadhaar card. However, you may be required to provide a few other documents, such as Voter ID card, passport, driving licence, salary slips, and so on. The document list can vary depending on the loan provider.
Applying for a personal loan on Aadhaar is usually a quick process. This is because Aadhaar contains your biometric data, making the verification process, simpler and faster. If you have a good credit score and meet the eligibility criteria of the lender, you can apply for the loan online and get in disbursed within 2 to 3 days.
Generally, you do not need a co-applicant for a personal loan on Aadhaar card.