Due to recent incidents of phishing and fraud schemes taking place, we want to highlight a few common tricks used by fraudsters. Please make a note of these to stay safe online and when using MoneyTap.
Be alert to transfer requests on UPI
The “Request money” feature is used to trick people into transferring money from their accounts. Do not accept UPI payments, offers or cashback requests from any unknown callers.
MoneyTap does not ask any customer for such details. We also do not support UPI repayments right now. So do not share your UPI id or accept unknown payment requests.
Keep in mind that any request where you need to add your PIN is only to send money.
Avoid downloading screen sharing or unknown apps
Fraudsters ask users to downloads apps like Teamviewer, Showmypc, Mingleview, Screenleap, Join.me, Miracast, Screenshare, etc. They can use them to gain control of your phone and then transfer money from your account.
MoneyTap will never ask its users to download apps like these or share PIN numbers and OTPs. Do not download any such app for information, payment, or offers.
Avoid fake helpline numbers that are posted online
MoneyTap currently has no customer care number. We are available only on our official email id (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please do not reach out to fake numbers posted online on Youtube, Google, Facebook etc. These are used by fraudsters who may take information from you and misuse it.
So what can you do to avoid online fraud? Below is our list of best practices to keep in mind.
- Read transaction SMSes, notifications, and descriptions closely
- Beware of someone calling you for offering cashbacks or offers
- Never share PINs and OTPs
- Never share confidential information with anyone or on public forums
- Don’t click on links that ask for verification or personal details from unknown senders
- Don’t download any external app recommended by callers
- Don’t enter a PIN to receive money on any UPI or payment platform by strangers
- Don’t call random numbers posted online for support. Reach out to us only on our official email ID.
Thanks again for your continued support. Hope these tips help you. Do let us know if you have any questions.
The MoneyTap Team